Compensation for Houston Burn Injuries | Houston Burn Injury Attorney
Burn Injury Compensation for Pain and Suffering
A severe burn injury outlasts the accident that caused it. Victims of severe burn injuries find their lives turned upside down, as they contend with physical disabilities, disfigurations, long hospital stays, intense pain and psychological turmoil. But Houston burn injury attorneys can help get you the compensation you need to make a difficult situation a little bit easier. Compensation often includes:
- Medical expenses, both past and future.
- Loss of income if you are unable to work for a duration of time due to your burn injuries
- Pain and suffering, including disfigurement and emotional distress
The concept of pain and suffering is a necessarily nebulous concept, as it is difficult to put an exact economic value on the often unquantifiable pain and suffering burn injury victims go through. However, a specialized Houston burn injury lawyer will help determine what award you might expect based off of many factors, including:
- The type, extent and severity of your injuries
- The amount of pain you have suffered from the burn
- The amount of pain involved in treatment
- The extent of any disfigurements or disabilities
- Related emotional distress
Contact an experienced Houston burn injury lawyer today.
Burn Injury Wrongful Death
In the unfortunate scenario that a burn victim dies as a result of a burn injury, his surviving family, next of kin and spouse may still be compensated for their loved one’s wrongful death by suing the person or corporation responsible for the injuries. This is called a wrongful death case.
Unlike a criminal case, a wrongful death suit does not seek imprisonment or other criminal punishments. A burn injury wrongful death suit seeks to compensate the survivors of the deceased for their unjust loss. Damages often recovered by Houston burn injury lawyers in a wrongful death suit include:
- Funeral expenses
- Past earnings
- Potential future earnings that the deceased would have earned if not for their wrongful death
- Previous and future medical expenses
- Loss of the companionship the deceased would have provided
- Punitive damages in circumstances where the responsible party showed a deliberate disregard for the rights and safety of others
If you have lost a loved one due to a burn injury, please contact Houston burn injury lawyers today to ensure you receive the compensation you may be entitled to.
Houston Wrongful Death Resources
Funeral Homes in the Houston area:
Crespo Funeral Home
Felix H. Morales Funeral Home
Heights Funeral Home
Geo. H. Lewis & Sons Funeral Directors
McCoy & Harrison Funeral Home
Cavazos Funeral Home, Inc.
Houston Area Florists:
Abby’s Flowers & Gifts
Fancy Flowers Houston
Burn Injury Lawyers and Burn Injury Attorneys Serve Houston and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Southeast Texas, including Aldine, Baytown, Bellaire, Beaumont, Channelview, Cloverleaf, Conroe, Deer Park, Friendswood, Galena Park, Galveston, Hedwig Village, Highlands, Hilshire Village, Humble, Jacinto City, Katy, League City, Magnolia, Mission Bend, Missouri City, Pasadena, Pearland, Porter, Sealy, South Houston, Spring Valley, Stafford, The Meadows, The Woodlands, Waller and West University.